What Every Thick Girl Needs to fight Chub Rub
"Thick Thighs save lives"
yea but they also hurt like hell when they rub nearly starting a fire! I remember the first time I experienced chub rub, I could barely walk! I was attending a festival and I was three bites into the world's best burrito when I started feeling a pain, I ignored it as best as I could until it was time for me to walk back to my car. Every time my thighs touched it felt like the skin was being peeled away. Later I found out that I was experiencing chub rub (wish it had a sexier name). Thankfully I wasn't the only one dealing with this problem. I want to pass along the knowledge and save a thigh or two.
Chub Rub is not a pretty topic but it must be address in order to help all of the thick thigh sisters out there. When searching for products there are three things to consider; prevention, treatment and repair.
It is important to prevent chub rub in the first place. It can be pretty painful and leave lasting scars and irritation. There are two product types that will prevent the rubbing, fabric barriers and topical solutions (creams and powders).
1. bandelettes- These are lace “thigh cuffs” and are by far my best protection against chub rub. It’s better than wearing shape wear because it only covered the area in need which makes it perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to wear a full body suit. https://www.amazon.com/Bandelettes-Elastic-Anti-Chafing-Thigh-Bands/dp/B00M747OGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499701706&sr=8-1&keywords=bandelettes&th=1
2. Shapewear (spanx)- Any shapewear that covers your thighs are a great solution… unless its 90 degrees outside and you don't want to feel like a burrito. https://www.amazon.com/SPANX-Womens-Thinstincts-Targeted-Shorts/dp/B018X63JPU/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1499701751&sr=1-5&nodeID=14333511&psd=1&keywords=spanx
3. Lace trim shorts- they look like shapewear but are more comfortable because they are usually made from a softer material. https://www.amazon.com/Panties-Boyshort-Underwear-Leggings-Underpant/dp/B07332W3YT/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1499701788&sr=1-4&nodeID=14333511&psd=1&keywords=lace+trim+shorts
1. Bodyglide- looks like deodorant and is just as important. This anti chafing solution comes on clear and is affordable. I would recommend packing this in your bag if you plan on being out all day, it works well but wears off after 2-3 hours. https://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-For-Her-8-oz/dp/B0031Y4TRW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1499701873&sr=8-2&keywords=body+glide
2. Gold bond friction defense- works just as well as body glide but cost a bit more. https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Bond-Friction-Defense-Unscented/dp/B00YBNC9CE/ref=pd_sbs_200_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00YBNC9CE&pd_rd_r=18VCKS9SYRMWWM7P3C00&pd_rd_w=LrGfT&pd_rd_wg=GMrwF&refRID=18VCKS9SYRMWWM7P3C00&th=1
Treating the pain from Chub Rub
Aloe Vera Gel- one of the many uses of this gel is for cuts and minor burns. Chub rub can cause the skin to break or feel really irritated. Applying the gel over the affected area can bring relief. https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Earth-Aloe-Crystal-Clear/dp/B00KIUNEKK/ref=sr_1_7_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1499701919&sr=1-7&keywords=aloe%2Bvera%2Bgel&th=1
Clearing Dark Marks Caused By Chub Rub
Tumeric/besan mask- After continuous thigh rubbing the skin in that area can gradually darken, you can treat this with an all-natural turmeric mask. Mix ingredients together, apply to area and leave on for 10-15 minutes and wash away, tumeric stains so use a towel you don't mind messing up.
1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil (olive oil or almond oil)
1/2 lemon juice
Share with me any tips that have worked for you in the comment section below