I recently ended my seven year relationship and found myself completely lost and confused. I pride myself in being able to identify moments of emotional weakness that will spiral into a deep depression if not addressed immediately. So I took to google, pinterest and social media to find out different ways people get over break ups. The first thing to consider as you complete the items listed below is that getting over a long term relationship is not easy and will take time but be committed and do everything in your power to heal. Seek professional help if necessary!
- delete/crop them out of your pictures and purge your social media accounts
- delete your shared wedding board on pinterest or any other wedding related things
- Think of polite ways to explain why you broke up (people are going to ask)
- Cancel planned trips and outings
- Take a fitness class/workout, you need those endorphin
- have a spa day. facial, nails the whole nine
- have a girls night out
- take a solo trip- doesn't have to be far
- create a vision board
- Buy a new dress, just one, don't go over board
- do one thing you've never done before
- get rid of things that remind you of him
- Go to church (if your not into that just meditate)
- Go out and meet new people to take your mind off things
I hope this works for you like it's working for me. Is there anything else that should be on the list? let me know!